Britony Combi se fan problem...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler isn't boiling any more...
Stopped working with the error of "fan running but pressure switch no operating "
So I pulled the top off and had a look at the fan.... NOT running.
Traced fault to PCB fan relay not activating.
Running the fan from a seperate 240 volt supply gives me the dreaded "ionization PCB error "

I take it a new PCB is needed?
Where is the cheapest place to get one???
I need a bath now but can't have one :cry:

Sponsored Links
There are many suppliers on the internet, just google what you want.

Partscenter.co.uk could be a last resort, but are unreliable and usually expensive.

Yes I found a couple of suppliers for abt £93.00 +vat.
Does this sound abt right?

Parts center as usual more expensive, quoting £122 + VAT, so seems you price is good/average ;)

Sponsored Links
Had the same fault on this boiler twice now!

While PCB prices vary greatly £93 is certainly the cheaper end of the scale. So go for it!

The new boards have pots for the setting up of htg power. You'll need a corgi engineer for this to be done properly!

£92.18 +vat + 4.95 postage = 114.13 I have ordered one......
Now All I need is a week of hot weather ( I have ordered that as well :LOL: )

I'll get a little man in to set it up.......... :LOL:

I dont know why you want a "little" man!

Some CORGIs like Dan are 6' 6" tall ! DIY is not that much shorter either.

Lesser mortals like me are only about the average 5' 9" though.

Tony

I'm 6'8" in me stocking feet so they are mostly "little" ;) ;)

I knew my years as a TV engineer would come in handy!!
with nothing to lose I checked the driver transistor that drives the fan relay. It's a surface mounted device and has a short cicuit base to collector. I replaced it with an BC108 transistor from my junk box and hey presto the fan works now, but I still have the ignition problem...
So the new PCB is still needed.... :mad: :mad:

I had the "fan running but pressure switch no operating " fault, even though the fan was running, and the pressure switch was working. Again, the PCB was faulty and causing the fault code. Never got the root of it but fairly sure it was a knackered relay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back