Britony SE80 - Fault Codes (Please HELP)!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I moved into my property 2 or 3 weeks ago and boiler has been working fine up until now. Around a week ago I decided to attempt to set the timer on my boiler. Even since I have been experiencing a variety of issues with it.
First the central heating would switch itself off (hot water would remain on) and I would have to reset the boiler to get it working again (I had to do this ever day for 2 or 3 days). I thought this had been caused by me timing it wrong so I set the timer again and switched the boiler on and off at the mains and all was fine.
Problem gone I thought... but that was about 4 or 5 ago and yesterday I got home to find my heating and had water had both turned themselves off and boiler was displaying fault codes 70 & 80. I reset the boiler and all ok for a few hours... then same thing happened but this time boiler displaying fault codes 40 & 80 flashing.
I have read that a common fault with these boilers is a defective PCB unit and judging by the fact I am having different error codes almost everytime it turns itself off I am guessing this is the case here.
How difficult is a PCB to fit? Would I be able to do it myself? Is it a case of just disconnect old one and putting the new one in its place?

If not do you have any idea on labour costs involved (have alreday priced up the part).

Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Oops.... forgot to add, last time I checked (admitedly a few days ago) pressure was slightly higher that recomended - between 1-5 & 2... I will check it again when I get in but would the pressure being too high generate the same error codes or cause these problems

Only other noticeable issue is a drip from the overflow which evidence suggest has been happening for wuite some time (well before I moved in) and I have since discovered is probably caused by the fact the pressure is slightly high.

Sponsored Links
I had to change the pressure sensor on one last week.

Easy job, but there's a choice of 2. Either a screw in or push fit one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back