CONNECTING A ROOM STAT TO A BRITONY SE80

just finished drawing out the circuit diag. to sort out how to replace a honeywell 2 port valve with a drayton 2 port valve on an unusual kind of half s-plan system controled with a randall 102 programmer and a room stat.

I'm sure all the manufacturers use different ways of describing the terminals on these control components to discourage installers from using the competition's stuff.

The above was a rant, not part of the reply.

My reply was
I would try 2 wire connection using either combistat terminals 2 and L or 3 and L.

connect boiler PCB to combistat with 2 core cable, thats all u need do. Forget about conecting to mains etc. The stat is double insulated and the instructions suggest it does not even need an earth conection.

Sponsored Links
As long as the twwaats at the factory assemble the back plate correctly unlike the one I fitted which wasted me an hour trying to fathom out what was wrong with the damn thing :mad:

the stat must be faulty

i have touched the wires from the boiler terminals together and the boiler fires, in effect creating a link at the pcb

think i will take the stat back and get a volt free digistat

will keep you informed

many thanks to all who have responded to my plea for help

Sponsored Links
just to let you all know that i swapped the combistat with a digistat 3 and everything is now woking fine

took just 10 mins to fit and another 20 to set it up

thanks to all for the feed back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back