broadband woes

Igorian said:
...you seem to take pleasure out of nit picking.
You call it nitpicking, but I call it persistance. I've asked you the same question, repeatedly, and you still haven't answered it. The question seems reasonable to me - you said "loads", and I said "how much is loads?". Your motive for not answering isn't clear, but you could just say that you prefer not to answer, or you could even ignore me! Instead, you dodge the question and weave around like a twisty turny weavy thing.

Igorian said:
All I do on here is try and give free advice when I can. I don't know it all and I only reply to threads when I think I have some valid input.
I'm sure that's the case - I never meant to imply otherwise. Of the posts you've made that I've seen, which I'm sure is a small proportion of them, what you write is always helpful and to the point.

Igorian said:
I get a great deal of pleasure from it, but I wouldn't consider myself a show off.
None of us is perfect :eek:

Igorian said:
I do sometimes wonder why I bother
Presumably in order to get a great deal of pleasure?

Sponsored Links
OK - that's something I can understand. Even I don't keep records about everything.

So, when you wrote "loads", what you were intending to convey to whomever was reading the post?

Softus said:
OK - that's something I can understand. Even I don't keep records about everything.

So, when you wrote "loads", what you were intending to convey to whomever was reading the post?

I suppose it could mean that i've replaced more than I can remember.

I would imagine that anyone reading this thread will have got bored and stopped reading long before now. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Igorian said:
I suppose it could mean that i've replaced more than I can remember.
I can see that it could easily mean that. How many can you remember?

Igorian said:
I would imagine that anyone reading this thread will have got bored and stopped reading long before now. :rolleyes:
I know two people who haven't.

Softus said:
I can see that it could easily mean that. How many can you remember?

I can't remember specific cases as there have been none recently. About 2 years ago, when the villages in my area went BB, the cheaper, isp supplied modems seemed to regularly come with at least 1, if not both filters being faulty. I can't remember any of the DSL routers I have supplied having any. I'm not actively doing much hardware myself at the minute as i'm working on a software contract.

Softus said:
I know two people who haven't.

Yeah, but I.T. people tend to enjoy boring, meaningless and repetitive shyte.

Back