broadband

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have recently been looking into changing my broadband supplier currently I am with tiscali (now talk talk) I have done several speed tests and I an only getting 1mb download speed I have spoken to bt about getting my broadband from them and they say my line is capable of up to 8mb but did say I would possibly only get 5 ish so is it that bt govern the speed or the broadband company?
Can I get talk talk to speed it up from there end?
Or is it worth changing to another company?
I have looked at sky but not sure if they will be any good
Im only paying £15 a month for unlimited at the moment so looking to stay around that figure will BT be a better option?
Many thanks

Just to add I have done all the checks on my internal wiring to ensure it’s not my end that’s giving me a slow speed..

Sponsored Links
do u know how far u are from your local exchange ? even with another company u will prob end up with the same spped however if bt say it is capable of 8 and u will prob get 5 then i think you need to get them to confirm u will get 5 as if talk talk are only getting u 1 meg then somethings fishy, i wont go into ratios and various pitfalls just be alittle careful with there advertising of 8 meg lol

Sponsored Links
The other alternative is to join Virgin Media if they are available in your area. Depending on who much you want to pay you could have upto 50 meg.

Their network is fibre optic up to the green box at the end of the road and coax from there to your house. Hence distance is not an issue as it is with ADSL over copper cable.

Back