Broag/Remeha digital clock timer has failed after power cut?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We had a small power cut today (about a minute).

After which the digital timer on the boiler has no display. Ive tried pressing the reset button but it hasnt done anything.

The boiler is a Remeha Avanta Plus.

The clock is part number S62432

Ive phoned Remeha as the boiler is only 14 months old and came with a 5 year warranty, but they say the clock was an optional extra and is not covered.

Is there anyway to revive the clock or do I have to shell out for a new one?

Thanks.

Stew

Sponsored Links
I assume that you have checked the mains supply, and any fuses.

From an electronics point of view, digital timers normally have a small re-chargeable backup battery which can fail if left to totally discharge.

Also it is possible that the battery terminal voltage has dropped too low for the clock to reset.

If you can isolate the supply and look inside, you may find a small Nickel Cadmium battery which you may be able to replace.

Sometimes you can get things to reset by temporarily disconnecting the battery, powering the clock up, and re-connecting the battery.

If it is totally worn out, then it will not recharge, so replacement of the battery is the only option.

Keith

I just realised I never came back to this.

I took the battery out and re-inserted it.

The clock powered up and has been fine ever since.

Thanks, :D

Sponsored Links
Hope it hasn't been worrying you for nearly 3 years. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back