Broken clay soil pipe (rest bend)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, wondering if anyone could help me out, ive just discovered a cracked clay pipe which is for sewage waste an wondering what best option would be to fit new pipes? ive currently dug out all waste around pipe and covered with garden lime to try clean up the smell but no idea of best fittings as the pipes are close to ground level. ive attached photo of area and would appreciate any help

[URL=http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/Shawy1987/media/20180807_165027.jpg.html][/URL]

Sponsored Links
Is there any point if pipes are already accesible?

Well I can't tell sh!t from sherlock from that photo, so if you want help you'll have to clean up the work area so we can see what you're up against.

Sponsored Links
Yeah sorry i know its not the best photo will clean it up tomorrow and get a better picture up

Cut the pipe to the stack leaving enough room to get a Flexseal coupling on. Replace back to stack with plastic, use another Flexseal to rejoin stack. You may have to break the other pipe out into the chamber, inset a piece of plastic pipe in its place, and couple to a bottle gulley, that clay pot is knackered now. Make good inside and out the chamber with a strong mortar mix.

For god's sake be careful with that lime, you only get one pair of eyes!!! Best option would have been just to wash the mess down with a hosepipe!

Thanks for that Hugh Jaleak, will try and get it done tomorrow, yeah the ground was already soaking so didnt wanna hose it down but will get round to it once its dried up a bit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back