Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, we are having some groundworks done and have noticed that where the concrete has been partially removed around the bottom of the soil pipe (from toilet etc), it has exposed a gap at the end of the plastic pipe which is leaking - it looks maybe like the collar on the lower clay pipe has been partially broken? Can this just be patched up e.g. with mortar/cement, or if not what is the best fix?

Possible options I've come across:
1. Adaptor that sits inside clay pipe to fit plastic pipe into;
2. Replace lower length of plastic pipe with longer piece that finishes further down within clay pipe, then seal up somehow;
3. Dig further down through concrete to cut clay pipe down below collar, to be able to fit rubber connector round outside - not ideal as seems likely to risk more damage to clay pipe?

Any suggestions gratefully received! Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20230718_203324.jpg
    20230718_203324.jpg
    712 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230718_181115.jpg
    20230718_181115.jpg
    764.1 KB · Views: 74
Sponsored Links
Carefully expose more/remove the concrete and you might be able to fit a McAlpine DC-1. If you attack the concrete further back 1st.

I'd expose a bit more, and ascertain condition of clayware below, including Rest Bend (if not too deep) , see what you're up against and replace as required. I would be sceptical if any mortar repair on that will last, any slight movement and it'll break again. A flexible joint is preferable.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back