Clay pipe to soil pipe seal replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak in my soil pipe where this enters the ground floor. I have uncovered the area by removing the concrete floor and have the following:-

The foundation is a solid concrete raft of some depth I'm told. The Soil pipe is clay with a plastic collar attached both cemented into the floor. Wrapped around the soil pipe are up to 6 water and heating pipes set in sand in the floor and going off in all directions around the house. The Soil pipe and Collar are right in the corner of the room against two solid walls the plastic Collar in effect touches the walls in two sides.

The collar around the plastic soil pipe where this joins the clay has no seal but a 1 cm gap all around where I assume a seal existed once. From what I can tell the base of the collar and the clay pipe are well cemented into the raft foundation and the leak looks to be from the top of the collar. If you pore water into the 1cm gap it slowly runs away.

The problem appears to occur only when the stack is blocked and it backs up and I noticed it when damp patches appeared over the pipe runs which were partially uncovered in one room - I am assuming the whole ground floor runs have been effected

Removing the old collar and replacing it is likely to be almost impossible without smashing the clay pipe

Is there are compound that I can pore into the 1cm gap to form a new seal it would have to be flexible but bond to the two pipes. Otherwise does anyone have any other suggestions on how to tackle the problem

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
if the collar or whatever coupling external is caput bin it & fit internal connector to clay use sillicone etc on fins depending on layout you will have to decide what suits best

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back