Broken gutter support bracket

Sponsored Links
The screws to low duh!
And the gutters not fitted properly anyway .. needs a master bater gun I guess ...
Well captain obvious, if I could get the screw higher, I would have.

So, which bit is not proper? You seem so angry about mastics. You must have some bad experience with them.

You obviously have a small tool .

Pretty obvious how to do it
You are not talking sense. Time of the month again? Talk simply and concisely. No need to get into a mood. Doesn't work with me in any case.

Which bit is not proper?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just looks like a bit of a mess to me, something to draw the eye to it.
It doesn't draw my eyes to it. WhoTF look at people's gutter brackets in any case, apart from a nit picking and angry pro roofer looking for trouble? From the ground, it looks a bit longer than other brackets vertically and doesn't seem especially unusual. After I painted it, it blends in fine. This repair will last a life time and cost me £6 because I got full refund on the plastic bracket that was a bit wonky on the outside hook. I trimmed a bit and used heat to reform it and it's fine.

bracket.png

Last edited:
Im just surprised the time spent on your solution was more cost or time effective than replacing the bracket the proper way

This looks like the before picture requiring a new bracket to replace a rusty old piece of iron bodged up by a previous owner, in a few years time

need to get into a mood. Doesn't work with me in any case.
Don't flatter yourself , I'm not in a mood . I don't think it's a good idea to make out you are some prize hero because you screwed a piece of bent strap to a fascia . You think that's an original idea ? Haha I ebor two on here have seen it a hundred times. . And put it right , it's just as easy to advise correct practice .
Anyway I'm sure your cat is proud of you well done .

Im just surprised the time spent on your solution was more cost or time effective than replacing the bracket the proper way

This looks like the before picture requiring a new bracket to replace a rusty old piece of iron bodged up by a previous owner, in a few years time
Stainless steel on water proof fascia. The thing is a tank. If you read from the beginning, maybe you will see my reasoning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back