Broken Kitchen Fixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
I have a very old fitted kitchen set up at home and one of the fixings to my draw has broke what is the best solution to getting this fixed...

20160217_133328.jpg

20160217_123309.jpg

20160217_123252.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not too sure what I'm seeing but if it is the plastic bit if it has snapped cleanly then you can try welding it back together with something like ambroid pro-weld, EMA plasweld etc (basically pure solvents that melt the plastic back together). hold the two snapped pieces together and use a fine paintbrush or similar to introduce a drop of the solvent to the crack, it'll flow along it by capillary action and weld it back together.

If it's not snapped cleanly then you could try something like epoxy or a good dose of something like Evo stick 'sticks like s***' or a PU based construction adhesive - but you'd need to apply these across the back of the drawer front, not just where it snapped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back