Broken large kitchen drawer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The drawer under my kitchen sink broke and I was wondering it's something that is repairable in some way. I am open for suggestions! I am looking for a seamless repair, if possible.

It's a large drawer, 75cm height and the "bolt-on" screws at the bottom got loose.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 78
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 71
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 75
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 78
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 71
Sponsored Links
Dismantle and reassemble, the nylon cams can be reset back in the door panel using glue or car body filler.

Any idea where I could find a carpenter/joiner to get this done for me? I posted on checkatrade but no interest so far.

Why do you need a carpenter/joiner? It's simply a matter of gluing the fascia back on with a bit of glue in the holes and waiting for it to set, as foxhole suggested. Tradesmen won't be interested because they wouldn't be able to charge enough to cover their expenses or time taken to do it. Do you have any family that could help if you are unable to do it for some reason? (such as infirmity/disability etc)

Sponsored Links
Any idea where I could find a carpenter/joiner to get this done for me? I posted on checkatrade but no interest so far.
Probably no interest because Chekatrade charge tradesmen somewhere in the area of £180 a month - or £45 a week - for their listing. Also if it takes 45 minutes to get to your job, 30 minutes to do the job and 45 minutes to get back home, that's 2 hours in total - but that's at the cost of potentially losing a full day's work. Most people I know charge by the day or sometimes the half day - would you be happy paying for a half day (maybe £120 to £160) for what you see a simple 30 minute fix? TBH you may be better off looking for a local handyman service rather than a carpenter/joiner

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back