Broken plug - unable to empty bath

Sponsored Links
Someone needs to take responsibility. Vado are prepared to send a new one foc - they imo should be paying for the plumbers labour, however their get out clause is “it’s been over tightened”. The plumber should have told you that you need to remove the plug before showering, so not your fault and as rightly pointed out by @jj4091 you shouldn’t have to. Also I don’t believe the bath panel has to be damaged to remove it, unless it’s been installed too tight - not your problem again.

I would mention if the costs are to be met by yourself then you will be seeking to reclaim through the small courts. You have an installation that is not fit for purpose and is faulty.

Wonder if the vado pop-up is all plastic mechanism?
Tbh, having installed hundreds of them, it's never occurred to me, until now, that stepping on the dome could damage the mechanism!

Sponsored Links
Yeah, avoid "high maintainance"

Back on topic: OP, its not something silly like the grub screw on the overflow/control knob being loose?

Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back