Broken render as a result of new double glazing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, not sure if I should have posted this in Windows & Doors or Plastering and Rendering.

We've just had all our windows replaced with new aluminium double glazing. The side of the house is cement rendered and around some of the windows large chunks of render have come away.

My first question is: Is it fair to ask the double glazing company to repair this?

The house is 18 years old and there are a small number of cracks in the render, but I have certainly never considered them bad enough to require patching up. The render has never been painted, something I promise I will rectify every year, but never do!

My second question is: Assuming I accept that render being chipped off around the windows is something that can't be avoided while installing new windows, what is the best way of repairing it?

I have a couple of photos showing the damage, but I notice this website requires a URL and won't let me load them!

I would appreciate your views.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thought I had sorted out how to include the images, but can't seem to embed the first image, only supply a link to it! Not sure what is going on.

Image 1

Image 2:

zuAmMH9n8PwP71bQvj6dAm3cds--ep9IBJGhe_Mq73iUpph1vjtJb88LyjFDzieZEz2WKeeLW14JCPXJ-8JF8tsosgNlUflrnuR8W3GoxqsgqBk3oLuamnd04AJ5_tP4UjhI6iSDmJDMqQNH3D7DFLnpcYk1zl0gRO65Ej9bGOB3prrsx7C6sEsSp8fBnYo18Vqt70utfxgfzgAJSwFHHSfu_1_NhU9ZKhBBLbtYwVXmY9fNCPI-aCtdVKpk-dYSTD4wamAR_KehE-CM6JexRXEmN1SJDC2T7l7KVrZ1JKgfZRWorD_F60OBsasRHyJQJK-dApVRsjHbs8GMdndD1k2MCHOALXW-Jd9yWx5yIz0PjkCJCBgax-5yOvdEEWtG3o6WptrvK5Z8hRv6it-j5UcPCgq2PC_rXz3ZklYVBVwbGvt-s0Zlo4qWB4ANq29gt4zzCs48remWxqoRsGDQTPe-2Mojib1nnZY3vSnM20EmO_vtKWRL0LbU0Y-e1xZde0l61NPn_KCbhZxHikNTXsE8yhwODSxelcMvm9ktWLpvmyY5N81Oj7RaE9vi5vbrqcqr5mKOvZMe3w3rZZVSpY4jT_nGHlg=w480-h640-no

Turns out, this is a non-issue as the fitters are planning to come back to finish off, which includes re-rendering around the windows where required :D

Great job!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back