Broken Rosemary tiles / ridge tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I moved in current house almost 4 years now. I have maintained property as good as I can painting outside render etc I try and save money as we dont have a huge amount

I replaced some Rosemary tiles myself last year near guttering easy job but I noticed this Winter lots of debris on floor than have come from the tiles

Many are past its best, so I am looking at replacing them soon fortunately we haven't had any leaks that I know about I think some have just split due to frost damage. I checked visual from the property and looks okay although some look very worn

What do you think would be reasonable costs to have say 30 replaced?

The tiles are Rosemary and the ones near gutter look slightly shorter. I know tiles arent that much think I paid £5 ish for 12 from Jewsons

Also many ridge tiles are split its been like that for a long time I did get a quote for labour last year but it was £550 labour only included replacing any tiles, does that seem fair price?

Thanks very much

Sponsored Links
If the tiles are aged and shaling, then it may be a false economy to patch repair them as you may have the same problem in a few years time.

If the tiles are further up the roof, then many will be broken just to get to the ones to be replaced, and if ridges need doing, then a scaffold is probably required.

So you will spend a disproportionate amount of money patching, compared to doing a bigger job.

If its not leaking, consider waiting to do the whole lot.

I it really is just a patch and ridges, then your previous quote was not that bad if from a reputable competent roofing firm

Thanks Woody

The house I say around 80% is surrounded by flat roofing, small extension at rear, side large garage flat roof, front bay and porch flat roof

The quote I got didnt include scaffolding he said he do it without

I done some tile at bottom near guttering as I can reach then from a ladder its mainly at the middle by looks of it.

I dread when its windy, raining heavy or snow/frost as I always find small bits of tile. I can see any gaps apart form od tile thats proven completely and other half is in between the top tile. Some tiles did get replaced before we got the house. I just dont know why ours is worse than neighbours house as they do bugger all looking after theirs and roof isnt as bad yet there faces North sea we are slightly sheltered

Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back