Rosemary Classic Clay Tiles - Alternative?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am trying to source some reclaimed Rosemary Roof Tiles. I am opting for reclaimed as brand new will not blend in with my main roof. The tiles are for ground floor bay window roofs.

Am struggling to get enough local to me and now looking to increase my options.

I think the Rosemary Tile is manufactured by Redland. Is there another tile name, manufactured by a different company, whereby the tile is quite similar to the Rosemary Classic Clay Tile?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Rosemary your looking for was not Redland .
But is now.
Reclaimed should be easy to source.

What area are you ?

Oh, Rosemary Clay Tiles - a sort of orangey colour?

I'm in East Devon. So Redland is totally wrong?

Lots of manufacturers make a clay plain tile in a variety of colours.
Rosemary is just another one.

Sponsored Links
Lots of manufacturers make a clay plain tile in a variety of colours.
Rosemary is just another one.

Thank you. So Rosemary is the manufacturer. What other manufacturers make a similar clay tile please?

Acme , not sand faced
Brosley not sand faced but can look a bit darker than the red rosemary .

You could take a trip to a decent reclaim yard and look around .
One that springs to mind I know verywvery well . They have massive stocks . Is John James near Ringwood Google it
Nice drive on a sunny day

If John is there .. he is a mine of info and will know most alternatives and likely have them in the yard

Thank you - really appreciated.

Had a google but JJ is 90 miles / 2 hour drive each way for me. I'm trying to keep my costs down and I only need about 600 tiles, Just over 200 for one roof and just under 400 for the other roof.

Now I know what I'm looking for, I can see many for sale both new and reclaimed on facebook and ebay.

Assuming I have to buy the tiles from two different places, (I can't get all 600 together) am I best to buy separately for each roof, ie, 200 tiles from the first seller, and then 400 tiles from the second seller? For a better colour match - even if the tiles are brand new?

Thank you. Just been watching a you tube video for roofing, was good to watch and I know the decent quality products to buy for the roofer to use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back