Broken shower handle

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm decorating my new bathroom at the moment and had to move the pipework for the new shower. I put the valve on the pipes to check for leaks in my soldering and didn't do it up tight enough, about 30 minutes after I turned the water back on the bar valve shot off the wall into the opposite wall.

The damage is a cracked thermostatic valve and the handle has also broken.

I've been looking online for a replacement handle (victorian plumbing don't sell them) and can't find one. Any ideas where to look?

The bit that broke off unscrews, if I can't get a replacement handle does anyone sell these bits separately?

68564E8E-0751-477A-A72A-AFD0AF81F65D.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Can you post a link to the original product on the VP page? They do some branded stuff which spares are usually available for, but a lot of their kit is unbranded / their own brand cheap imports which are designed to be thrown away and replaced when they break

• Thanks
Reactions: m0t
Sponsored Links
One of their own-brand cheap imports unfortunately. Very very unlikely you'll find any spares for that.

I've just discovered that it is a debadged Hudson Reed A3118, although I can't seem to find parts for that either...

The answer is that the cartridge is available as a spare but the handle isn't, so that leaves me needing to buy a new shower :cry:

I'm tied in to this model because of the way it fixes. There are tap connectors behind the wall with adaptors screwed in that the unit then slides on to. If I want to swap it for something else I'll need to pull the tiles off and redo the pipework.

Well at least that'll give you a spare cartridge and other bits so you won't have to worry about it being discontinued in the future. Probably worth buying the Hudson Reed version though, you're more likely to actually get warranty support when you need it than you are through VP

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: m0t

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back