Broken shower plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys!! I was wondering if someone could please help… our plug was blocked and so our cleaner tried to unblock it by unscrewing the bracket which holds the waste pipe to the underside of the shower tray. Then when she tried to reattach it, she split the bracket. Now whenever we shower it leaks through the ceiling below.

It looks as though I need to replace the bracket, but after extensive google searches I can’t find a replacement part. Or even what it’s called for that matter. Does anyone have any ideas what it’s technical name is? Or even where I could buy a replacement.

Thanks everyone!

Alex

Attachments

• FB2A7689-1C19-4036-BA45-1D42639D1AB6.jpeg
    FB2A7689-1C19-4036-BA45-1D42639D1AB6.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 146
Sponsored Links
The part that's broken ,is a component of a shower trap. You need a new one. Do you have access to the underside of the tray ,where the pipework connects to the trap ?

Oh amazing! Thanks so much for your reply. No not easily. It’s part of the ceiling below. It’s a Bellway house if anyone happens to know the type of trap they use?

Looks like you might be cutting a hole in your ceiling.

You'll be hard pressed to find out which trap that is unless you do days and days of searching through pics of shower traps unless you are lucky and someone recognises it. I have seen that type of trap before but can t remember the manufacturer.

Sponsored Links
Ahhhh thanks so much. That’s what I was worried about. I may send the photo to a merchant to see if they recognise it. Thanks so much for your help everyone!!

Oh my god!!! That’s the one! Thanks so much. Looks like many places are out of stock but think I have found one. You guys are utter legends and your help much appreciated

Oh my god!!! That’s the one! Thanks so much. Looks like many places are out of stock but think I have found one. You guys are utter legends and your help much appreciated
doesnt have to be like for like you can fit most other brands

thats a mira vortex trap - also sold under wirquin brand. approximately £35 to buy new. no need to cut ceiling below yet. they fit from the top using two screws.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back