Brown water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently fitted a new bathroom complete with a salamander pump to boost pressure. Now on both the bath and basin when I turn it on the water runs brown for few seconds. I dont know about the shower, its difficult to tell. When I installed it all I thought I made sure that I flushed everything thoroughly. All compression fittings with no boss white etc were used, no soldered fittings. Has anybody else come across this before, does anyone know the answer to getting rid of it or will it just go away? Its only on the pumped supply, the rest of the (not pumped) house is OK. As always, many thanks to anybody bothering to reply. :eek:

Sponsored Links
how low is the header tank connection you may be sucking up crud from the bottom of it

There you have a reply :)

I did wonder about that but everything is brand new, hw cylinder, header tank the lot. When I suffer I suffer.....

Sponsored Links
SOUNDS LIKE YOU WILL HAVE TO COMPLETELY DRAIN YOUR SYSTEM AND FLUSH OUT. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back