Browser not allowing cookies, apparently!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to log in to Tescos dvd rental but it keeps coming up with a Tescos page saying 'Your browser must have cookies enabled to access our website' and a load of useless blurb about enabling them etc. Naturally I've been into Explorer options and under 'privacy' I've set it to 'Accept all cookies' (even though its been on 'medium' for as long as I've had the laptop) but still not working. All other websites I regularly login to automatically still log me in automatically. I recently updated my 'Java' whatever that is, could that have anything to do with it?

Sponsored Links
funny you should say that. I had exactly the same problem with ebay yesterday.

i have since asked for the post to be removed as i had no reply and it is now fixed.

trouble is i dont know how i did it :cry:

i did follow the instructions that you say you did (got same ones) still no joy.

i unistalled java, reinstalled it still no joy

i unistalled java again, installed differnt version, still no joy

went to bed

(pc left on overnight)

went to ebay and it was working :confused:

at the time i tried my other pc and it was fine on that.

must be to do with java

oh one other thing, clear your internet cache

Well I’ll give it a go when I get home but the thing is, it had always been set to medium ie I never had to use the advanced settings before

Sponsored Links
freddymercurystwin said:
Well I’ll give it a go when I get home but the thing is, it had always been set to medium ie I never had to use the advanced settings before

This may have been a change in the latest updates.

Back