bruising... age-related?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
I upset my mum, I think, when I asked for a box of tools for my eighteen birthday! So I've been messing about with spanners, screwdrivers and all sort of other hand-tools for most of my adult life. Yesterday I installed an outside tap which involved a bit of manual twisting and pushing. Afterwards, I noticed I'd aquired a bruise taking up most of the pad of my right thumb - not painful or debilitating in anyway but very obvious and today it's a rather ugly purple... is this sort of minor injury something I can look foward to getting more often, now I'm over 60? What do you more senior diynot people do to reduce this sort of thing?

Sponsored Links
This senior DIY has cut down severely on the amount of DIY that I do. I have found that at my age I can now afford to have a "tradesman" in to do the work assuming I can actually find one that is. I read this forum purely for the entertainment value and believe me there are some entertaining clowns on here.

Try taking Arnica 30. It doesn't work for everyone, but if taken soon after the damage, it will reduce the bruising time dramatically. And Arnc Cal if there's a cut as well.

Sponsored Links
having had a Heart Attack several years ago, I am now permanently on several meds.

One is still Soluble Aspirin

The Med I really had problems with as far as post attack was a thing called Ticrigrulor. [or similar]

I was even scratching myself large red angry marks with my glasses, if I touched my forehead with the leg of my glasses, a real pain??

As the asprin is a blood thinner, that could be causing the bruising problems. What's the dosage.

And as for Tricrigrulor

Ticagrelor can cause serious and sometimes fatal bleeding problems. Do not use ticagrelor if you have an active bleeding problem or a history of bleeding in the brain.

Ticagrelor should be taken along with aspirin. Do not take more than 100 mg of aspirin a day. Taking doses of aspirin that are higher than the dose recommended while you are taking ticagrelor may decrease ticagrelor's effectiveness.

Possibly time to go and see your doctor.

Back