Brush in grout but on a vertical edge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I’ve just laid a large porcelain patio (50m2) and it’s raised slightly from the rest of the garden. As a result there are also tiles on the face of the step down.

Ive used pavetuf on the main area but with it being brush in, it’s too loose to stick in to the gaps on the face of the step. I’m sure someone will have come across this before so just wondering what the best solutions are. I’m thinking of using some sealant or something in the gap that’s tacky so that it sticks properly. Wary with it being outdoors that it could degrade over time though…

Does anyone have any tried and tested solutions?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
no but...

a bit of tape on each side of the gap as masking, then a spray bottle of water in the join.
mix some grout as a dryish mix, fill from the bottom up and cover with a third piece of tape?

It should hold the grout in place and the sprayed water should make the damp grout go off.
The tape shouldn't stick to the grout. do a trial

no but...

a bit of tape on each side of the gap as masking, then a spray bottle of water in the join.
mix some grout as a dryish mix, fill from the bottom up and cover with a third piece of tape?

It should hold the grout in place and the sprayed water should make the damp grout go off.
The tape shouldn't stick to the grout. do a trial

Thanks for the response but pavetuf is a pre made mix so can’t make it more dry unless I try and let it go off a bit first?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back