Brushed aluminium sheet...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking to get some 0.75mm thick brushed aluminium sheet (or perhaps something else like coloured perspex), I don't need much and already have a template to cut it to size. But I can't for the life of me find anyone who sells it? Does anyone know of anywhere?

Ideally NW Greater London, or someone who will post it!

TIA

Sponsored Links
I hadn't even thought about looking at e-bay, thanks for that. Brushing it myself is a great idea but i need a sheet about 530x380mm so I think I'd find it harder to keep all the lines parallel. E-bay looks good though, and far cheaper than the ready made replacement sheet which the manufacturer is quoting at about £50.

I'm definitely going to look at other things I can make out of aluminium and then brush myself, probably starting with some switch covers for my van.

Cheers

B and q or wickes sell sheets of Ali but can't say that they do brushed finish- they may well do

What are you fixing?

There are companies who will waterjet cut and post

Sponsored Links
Thanks, need to make a trip to B&Q so will have a look. Found plenty of alu but nothing with a nice finish.

It just the front fascia to a fridge in my van. The original has been battered a bit so thought I'd replace it, but not going for an original part at £50. So figured I'd look at other solutions, there will be something out there, it just tracking it down which is proving difficult

I find ebay a better source. Also consider cut-to-size stainless, if it's not too big to post or is near enough to collect. I use it outdoors.

The problem of brushing your own Aluminium is protecting the surface afterwards. The Ali will start to oxidise and over time look patchy unless you clear lacquer it, or preferably anodise it. The advantage of anodising it is that you can do it almost any colour. This will cost more than buying the fridge door though! Probably about £40-50... I've got a waterjet cutter at work and although it cuts Aluminium easily the water is softened ( with salt) that can lead to higher levels of corrosion unless you clean it quick and get the surface treatment on ASAP.

Stainless steel? Cut with a slitting disc?
Or bought cut to size

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back