brushes dont wash out,

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening to the Forum. Any one had problems cleaning brushes with soapy water as per instuctions on tin? Customer supplied the satinwood, bought from H******e. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Try white spirit. Possibly the paint in the tin is not water based.

Thanks for bothering to reply, John. I did, and it wasn't. I never buy from the sheds, I asked in case wrong info on tin was regular event. And the emulsion the customer bought, needed three coats.

Thanks for that Baynie. I didn't expect gloss performance from a tin that said two hours drying and wash in soapy water. If you paint for a living you know I mean having to come back the next day for the second coat and taking longer to apply.

Sponsored Links
I would use somrthing like Polycell brush cleaner, soak the brushes in that then wash off with warm soapy water.
If you have a screw top jar pour in a lttle cleaner and when youve finished painting drop the brush into the jar, then in the morning just rinse off and carry on painting.
you can always use the left over brush cleaner for jobs around the house, i.e. clean bath, cooker etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back