BS2391

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all im new here.
just wanted to know how i go about getting my c & g 2391 asap with out having to do a years course like it was years ago when i first looked at it.
i all ready have c & g 2382-10
thanks

Sponsored Links
hello all im new here.
just wanted to know how i go about getting my BS2391 asap with out having to do a years course like it was years ago when i first looked at it
i all ready have BS2382-10
thanks

You might want to start by getting the names of the qualifications right!

C&G 2391 and C&G 2382-10, maybe?

C&G = City & Guilds
BS = British Standard

Did mine on a 10 week evening class at the local Tech. I known some places offer 3 day courses but unless your s-hot at testing and know the regs inside out then dont bother. The practicals hard enough and the writtend test is at least 2 or 3 times more difficult than the 2382 and you dont get the luxury of the Red book. Make no mistake this is a difficult exam to pass.

The figures for the written exam speak for themselves - the pass rate nation wide is approximately 40%. The C&G 2391 is more aimed at people who are already carrying out I,T&C, not for someone starting out.

Sponsored Links
ive been doing electrical work for past 15 years and its then been tested and not had anything wrong. i did the c & g 2391 course many years ago at collage and still got the course work but just befor the exam they pulled the course as it was funded and to many people dropped out of it but found the course ok. need to refresh myself with it and get it passed fingers cross!
just trying to find best place to go to.

You say "been" tested - was it you that tested them? Do you understand the tests, the sequence of the tests and can you interpret what the test results mean? If you had say an IR of 1M ohm on a 230v lighting circuit would you pass it?
Before carrying out the tests on an RCD using an RCD tester, what test must be completed and why? (Was a question on the C&G2391 exam I did a while back)

ive just gone on what i was told when it came to having it tested. do you mind tell me who can test it please? this is where i get sick of it cos you get so many people telling you and now its looking as if there wrong and its not a job where you can be wrong!

Anyone who is competent to inspect and test can do the inspection, testing and certification. I,T&C is part and parcel of complying with BS7671. You do not need to have C&G2391 to comply with a british standard.
Experience, apprenticeship, college courses, C&G2381 etc etc etc can all go towards you showing competence.
You need to be pretty fluent in I,T&C before you do the C&G2391 - if anybody who doesn't hold the C&G2391 can't do I,T&C then you can't have the experience in it, catch 22.

C&G2382 = Certificate in the Requirements for Electrical Installations (BS 7671: January 2008)
Any other experience or qualifications?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back