BS6798

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a combi boiler in a cupboard 0.7m wide, 0.8m deep and 1.4m high and all required clearances will be met including access for servicing. It will be installed according to everything in the instructions. The installation in the cupboard has to meet BS 6798. Can anyone advise of any particular requirements that this will give me?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this. Do I assume correctly that BS6798 and this section of the building regs are effectively the same thing?
The appliance is room sealed and cupboard ventilation will be correctly met. Everything else relevant in the building regs will also be met so looks OK. :)

Sponsored Links
Heard of Google?

It's the sound babies make isn't it? Or is that gurgle?

You will find it's hard for us "outsiders" to get the information ......

Believe me, it's no easier for any of us.

Do I assume correctly that BS6798 and this section of the building regs are effectively the same thing?

Not if you're wise. Building regs are a statutory requirement, though they don't tell you how to do things. BS specs are industry generated documents for accepted practice, and it may not be good enough that you have complied with their requirements.

It's the sound babies make isn't it? Or is that gurgle?

It's the sound plumbing makes when tackled by someone like me.

Sharpspark, listen to Oilman. He's usually right, except he knows nothing about the taste of softened water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back