BT Line Down in my Garden

RDW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Last Wednesday the bt line that spans my garden and drive to my neighbours house came down. Although it is still operational it is "resting" on my bathroom roof and then crossing my garden and drive at about a height of 5 feet.

My Neighbour phoned bt on Wednesday, when it came down.

I emailed bt on saturday pm and someone came out about midhight, "had a look at it" and then went away, muttering something about tomorrow, (sunday).

It is the end of monday now, and I'm starting to get concerned that it is something that is going to get left / forgotten.

It is a damn nuisance, my wife has ordered me not to take the wire cutters to it.

Does anyone have any suggestions of who to contact ?

Or How much of a tickle I will get if I do chop it ?

TIA

Sponsored Links
it may not do your neighborly relations any good.........but if you were to give it a good tug and detach it from the box on the pole bt would be quicker off their marks as they would then be loosing revenue through your neighbours absence of a phone line. :evil: and you plead innocence :rolleyes:

If you brake it you will get a bill for about £350.00 per callout. I have had trees bring them down. They stick the cost on your phone bill even when its not your line

In the old place where i lived the houses were circling a roundabout with a pole on the roundabout feeding across to all the surrounding houses. The cable feeding my house was caught by a high lorry going past and snapped and draped down over the road, I was alerted by the bang it made and quickly went out to wrap the cable up before another vehicle snagged it and caused any damage to the house.
Anyway BT virtually accused me of cutting down the cable as they suggested that the new black stuff they use is virtually indestructable and if as I suggested a lorry had hit it then the bracket attached to my house would have ripped off the wall rather than the cable snapping!

After I had diplomatically told them where to go, they reluctantly installed a new cable without charge, Were they hoping i'd agree with them that it was my fault so that they could charge me who knows?

Sponsored Links
I'm amazeed by what i'm reading here. Tim - i'm assuming if a lorry broke the cable then it would have 'snapped' somewhere around mid-span? Did they suggest how you would have physically gone about getting to the cable in the middle of the road to cut it? And maybe suggest for what reason you would want to do this?

Are BT really this bad? Reading this i'm glad we switched away from BT this year!

I'm amazeed by what i'm reading here. Tim - i'm assuming if a lorry broke the cable then it would have 'snapped' somewhere around mid-span? Did they suggest how you would have physically gone about getting to the cable in the middle of the road to cut it? And maybe suggest for what reason you would want to do this?

Are BT really this bad? Reading this i'm glad we switched away from BT this year!
To be fair I say BT but it was the engineer making the accusations, maybe he was on a commision though ;)

Back