BT lines with BB / DSL service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I know that every phone position in a house requires a filter, to kill off the white noise that broadband generates, but what happens with a phone system?

I'm about to dig my old installation books out and fit a 2nd user Nat Pansonic 8+16 system for a mate. One of the lines will have the DSL service on it, so if I filter the line prior to it going in to the system what happens when any of 16 extensions can access that line?

The majority of the lines will be POT's (plain ordinary phones) rather than digital key phones.

Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Just filter the connection of the PBX CO line to the BT PSTN line. JOB done.

If you are after more than one line on the same number (auxiliary lines), DSL is not available over the line.

Any extension port on the system will no need any form of filter what so ever.

The filters don't just filter the DSL noise, they make sure the DSL can hold up when the phones are off hook ;)

Chri5 said:
Ok I know that every phone position in a house requires a filter, to kill off the white noise that broadband generates
This is just what ISPs tell customers who are too stupid to understand how to do it properly and/or don't want to modify thier phone wiring layout (a filter per phone is actually a pretty bad way of doing it but its simple for idiots to understand and doesn't require any wiring changes).

One filter between the phone line and all the phones with no branches in the unfiltered signal (the DSL sockets on microfilters just connect straight through) is the best way to do it.

but what happens with a phone system?
nothing special, incoming line straight to the DSL router and via a filter (i reccomend http://www.clarity.it/xcart/product.php?productid=16134&cat=262&page=1 as it allows both filtered and unfiltered outputs to be hardwired) to the exchange.

Sponsored Links
You boys are good, thanks for the details and the linky.

Here' a virtual drink, for all your trouble :D

GuinnessBeer.jpg

Looks good, but it's a bit too early :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back