BT phone line - how to move it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Hope this is in the right section?

I would like to move my phone line and pole.

Has anyone done this before?

What is involved?

Will it cost me?

Currently, the phone line enters the gable end of my bungalow, right up on the ridge.

Ideally, I would like to move the pole by about 5 metres, then have the phone line come into the house underground into a new extension I am about to start.

I can dig the trench and lay the trunking.

Has anyone got any advice or info on where I should go? Do I simply contact Open reach?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
only openreach can do it as it is theirs to begin with. be prepared for a big bill IF they agree to move it. are other properties connectrd te the pole.
you might want to move this to the alarms and telephones section.

my neighbors accidentally cut a multi pair phone cable whilst trimming a tall hedge and took out about ten phone lines. the OR guys said the bill would be £500 plus

Thanks for the info.

Fortunately, we are at the end of the line, so it wouldn’t effect anyone.

cheers

You can't deal with OpenReach, it has to be vie your telephone provider, OpenReach were separated from BT in the same way as before this BT were separated from the GPO.

Sponsored Links
You can't deal with OpenReach, it has to be vie your telephone provider, OpenReach were separated from BT in the same way as before this BT were separated from the GPO.

Good luck on getting your Telephone supplier to sort out BT .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back