Bubbling in Pipes - Plunging Sound?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings,

Two nights ago we heard a sporadic bubbling in the wall, like occassional flowing water then our 2 zone weil mclane gas heater just sopped working. Leading up to this, the past few weeks after the heater would shut off, we heard a series of tapps which lasted about 5 seconds and went louder to lower in succession.

A plumber came yesterday, and changed the gas sensor and the lighter box? to no success. $300 later he decides it's the gas valve and somehow gets the system working (for an additional $200 for a gas valve)

However, after a few hours, we again heard the squishy bubbling water flowing noise in the pipes near the boiler room again. About every 20 minutes or so or more like when the boiler went off. However, this time the boiler did not break down. Or at least not yet.

I have read many posts on this informative site and don't think my gas heating systems problem was water hammer or anything to do with the sensor or lighter. But it does sound to me like there is a problem in the pipes with pressure or air or some kind of valve? However I am a plumbing ****** and would really appreciate someones input who knows about these systems or types of problems.

Our radiators are baseboard along the bottoms of our walls and if I must drain them how do i?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back