Bubbling Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!! After stripping off the wall paper I discovered the walls were covered in a pink shiny paint. I sanded this down and gave the walls a quick wash will watered down emulsion to cover some patches which were just plaster. I then used Polycell basecoat with a matt emulsion on top. The paint has bubbled all over. I tried sanding down the bubbled areas and reapplying base coat but more bubbles appeared in other areas when I put another coat of emulsion on top. I have now stripped the paint off back down to the pink base coat but I'm not sure how to proceed to prevent the bubbling happenning again.

Please advise??

Sponsored Links
sounds like you have water entrapment cause by the filler, was the filler allowed to dry out, before you put emulsion on :confused: you could try leyland all purpose primer it promote adhesion and has been formulated for the job ;)

Sponsored Links
glad i read this as i`m stripping wallpaper/ sanding old plaster smooth at the moment.

Leyland primer...one to remember next time i pop for spares.

Not British Leyland primer :eek: old stock from our once great motoring industry :?: If it is it`ll fall off in a week :LOL:

my old morris van is still running even after 35000 miles and 40 years :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back