Budget petrol lawnmower advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My trusty petrol lawnmower has cut its last lawn, the engine is smoking badly and has no power when cutting. So we need a new one, Basically its got to be a budget one but with a Briggs or mountfield engine as this previous one has served for 10 years with NO maintainence whatsoever.......any suggestions or tips on whats best to look for or just pop down to the B&Q and buy the cheapest?

Sponsored Links
hi, last month I got my 1st petrol a McCulloch M40-450C Petrol Rotary mower from homebase - it had 20% off at the time so cost £120. Briggs and strat engine, 4 stroke starts on 2 pulls max and has 4 height cutting positions by quick adjustment of the wheels - most impressed so far.

heres the specs

The powerful McCulloch M40-450C push petrol lawnmower features a reliable Briggs and Stratton engine.
Features: Large 50L grass bag, deep dome steel deck, Briggs and Stratton 450 series engine. Easy to store.
Weight: 25kg.
Material: Steel.
Colour: Black.
Type: Petrol Wheeled Rotary.
Engine: 148cc.
Cutting width: 40cm.
Cutting height range: 25-80mm.
Collection capacity: 50L.
Guarantee: 2 year subject to the terms of the manufacturers guarantee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back