Build in shower radio

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Okay so here is the deal,

For quite some time now we've had this big shower box with several attributes.
A lamp, discolamps, a fan, a (broken) steamgenerator and.... most importantly: radio
I think about a year ago the problems came when sometimes we hear only scrumbled noice (presumably the sound you get when you have no decent connection with the radio frequencies) and eventually it completely faded away. Then all of a sudden the radio was back out of the blue. Till eventually it went from scrambled noice to completely nothing at the moment.

Today I decided to try and look what I could do about this, keep in mind, i'm not a technician but a computer scientist student. However, every little bit of engineering fascinates me so I decided to take a look. Now the following is this. I've found the connection blueprint on the back of the showerbox and it didnt look to complicated. However, the problem is the following. I was tracing the cables and I've found the weirdest antenna cable ever. I was hoping anyone of you has seen this cable before and tell me what I should do with it. The first image is an overview of the blueprint,[ IMG_1210.JPG IMG_1211.JPG
the second photo is where you can see the outcoming/outgoing cables and last one is the cable itself. Its basically a cable held together by some sort of plastic it seems till eventually the split up into separate cables and end in a loop. Im a 100% sure this is the antenna cable as the black cable goes to the build in sensor in the shower and the other big cable is the power supply. Hence the box says ground.
IMG_1213.JPG

I would love to hear from anyone with experience soon as I'm dieing to get the radio back during shower time

Sponsored Links
The picture with the pinkish looking cable held between your fingers shows an indoor FM dipole aerial.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back