Builder using Tile adhesive for block wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I was hoping someone could offer some advice.

My builder is building an extension for me. He appears to be using white coloured blocks that are longer than normal. However instead of mortar he is using ceramic wall tile adhesive?!. I saw many tubs of the stuff at the site yesterday. It looks like under the damp course he has used ordinary mortar and above tile adhesive.

He said this is fine as its better/stronger than mortar and will allow him build the wall much faster. The mortar lines are also very thin. Apparently this is normal practice in Europe where he is from. His references checked out 100% and his work has passed all building control checks.

I am really concerned about this. Although building control have been to the site several times and have either not noticed or mentioned it.

Is mortar and tile adhesive similar ?

Sponsored Links
It could be if the contents were analysed they are the same or similar, as they are both cement based adhesives.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back