Builders about to start.Slight tweak to plans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a detached chalet bungalow and about to start work on a single story back extension.

In the plans signed off by the council th architect has stated its width is approx 2meters, in actual fact it's 2.4 meters and I would like to go 3 now looking at it.

There are no neighbours with 10meters either side of the work.

I sent an email to the council and received a generic email about ammendment submissions.

But doesn't this come under permitted development?

I thought a detached property could extend by 6 meters from the original wall. We are only 3.

Despite reading about permitted development, I am confused what the difference is between this and full planning

Any advice would be great?

If we just did the 3meters what would happen?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
so it sounds like you applied for and was granted planning permission? If so then presumably it needed planning permission and was not PD?

Or your architect fleeced you. :whistle:

so it sounds like you applied for and was granted planning permission? If so then presumably it needed planning permission and was not PD?

Or your architect fleeced you. :whistle:

The reason for the planning permission (as I understand it), part of the application was a change to the front of the property and the roof to add a bigger upstairs. But I cant afford to do it all at once, so just want the extension at the back done first.

But he could well have fleeced me, I hope not. I could just ask him but everytime I do it seems a a 1k cost is involved.

It's possible the rear extension could be PD.

If you post a drawing we could give an indication.

Sponsored Links
@Notch7 Thanks. Here is the plan, but it's no longer 10515mm in length, instead it's just 7140mm to increase the kitchen/diner. The depth on the plan is 2000mm approx, so it would increase to 2600mm (room 1 on the right goes out to 4000mm)

Attachments

• version2.png
    version2.png
    134.9 KB · Views: 216

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back