Builders at mums house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What size wire for electric shower ,goes with: 7.5kw,8.0kw,9.0kw10.5kw
Just keeping an eye on instalation at mums house
cheers harbourwoodwork

Sponsored Links
it really depends where the cable is routed and how long it is.

It some situations, 6mm would be fine for them all bar the 10.5, in others you might need 16mm for a 9kw.

I'm guessing this shower will be going in a bathroom, or similar?

In that case, the work is notifiable so the elelctrician doing the work needs to be registered. He will sign an installation cerificate and will noptify that the work has been done in accordance with Building Regs Part P.

All of that responsibility falls on teh shopuilders of the ELECTRICIAN doing the work. Do you not trust him/her for some reason?

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing this shower will be going in a bathroom, or similar?

In that case, the work is notifiable so the elelctrician doing the work needs to be registered. He will sign an installation cerificate and will noptify that the work has been done in accordance with Building Regs Part P.

All of that responsibility falls on teh shopuilders of the ELECTRICIAN doing the work. Do you not trust him/her for some reason?
Cheers Taylor The builder sounds OK and he is using a sparky to hook up old cable
But I'm just trying to keep ahead of the game
I would like to buy the shower unit if I can find out the size of the cable and match them up
Mira sport seems OK on reviews?
Cheers harbourwoodwork

I would like to buy the shower unit if I can find out the size of the cable and match them up
A serious electrician could probably get a shower (or anything else electrical) for less money than you could. Even if (s)he then charges you the 'full retail price', pocketing the difference, that theoretically could/should reduce the amount they need to charge you for doing the work!

Kind Regards, John

Personally I hate a customer buying their own stuff.

9 times out of 10 it is the wrong spec, in some respect. Or there is something missing……

The only plus side is that you can blame the customer for everything, if it goes wrong.

You know….."I wouldn't have used that make, they are always going wrong"…….."that's too powerful for the circuit, thats why it's always tripping"…….."The TD52S is obsolete now and you cant get spares"…… etc etc

A serious electrician could probably get a shower (or anything else electrical) for less money than you could. Even if (s)he then charges you the 'full retail price', pocketing the difference, that theoretically could/should reduce the amount they need to charge you for doing the work!

Kind Regards, John
Cheers John I'm just trying to make sure, a pukka one gets installed ,I have nothing against a craftsman getting his trade mark up,I an a self employed Carpenter
Cheers harbour woodwork

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back