Electric Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My nieghbour has just knocked on my door telling me her mum's shower is faulty. I'll have a look tomorrow night. She tells me, the neon light on the pullcord switch is lit, but when her mum turns the shower on at the unit the neon light on the pullcord goes off! The water does not heat up, but when she turns the shower unit off ...the neon on the Isolater pullcord switch comes back on. Any bright Sparks out there with any Ideas on what the problem could be!!

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Uppeydog said:
My nieghbour has just knocked on my door telling me her mum's shower is faulty.

well that was nice of her

Any bright Sparks out there with any Ideas on what the problem could be!!

Wrong forum - plenty of sparks here, dont know about bright ones! :cool:

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Will you lot stop taking the Pish!.... or it'll be bucket of hot water & a scrubbing brush for the poor woman! She haven't had a shower for 2 days!

Sponsored Links
There is a fairly high resistance somewhere in the circuit (upstream of the neon light), this will almost certainly be a bad connection, or accessory, check conenctions in the CU and on the supply terminals of the isolater, is this does not cure it, check the isolator, and then breaker with a mulimeter to see if either of them have developed a high resistance, if so, replace the part.

There may well be evidence of burning around the fault, if so, cables should be cut back and re-made and damaged accesories replaced

Adam.. Magic Pal...I'll reply here tomorrow night, after I come back from the Lady's home, which is about 20 miles from here.

Thanks!

As for you other 2 ..."Shine on you crazy Diamonds!!!"

Uppeydog said:
Will you lot stop taking the Pish!.... or it'll be bucket of hot water & a scrubbing brush for the poor woman! She haven't had a shower for 2 days!

Get her to call out an electrician!. Oh, my television has just broke, I think I will pop round to the bloke next door.

Uppeydog said:
Adam.. Magic Pal...I'll reply here tomorrow night, after I come back from the Lady's home, which is about 20 miles from here.
20 miles!

Are you trying to get into your neighbour's pants?

:LOL: Adam... Thanks! Checked shower first.... not heating.
went to CU...OK....Next Isolation 2 Pole Pull-cord Switch with neon. Unscrewed cover, found Moist Spider's web between Live, Neut & Earth. Blew out Web. Neon appeared loose between Switched L&N, removed neon & checked Circuit Resistance, Continuity & Insulation Resistance. All Fine. Tried Shower...Fine! RE-fitted. Neon. Boxed up ....Tryed Shower....Spot on!

So what's the Theory Behind that? IE. The moist Web....or the loose Neon?

ban-all-sheds said:
Are you trying to get into your neighbour's pants?

That comment is disgusting. Maybe he's just a nice guy. Some of us are still altruistic, you know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back