Fitting 7.5kw Electric Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a 7.5Kw electric shower unit. The cable installed by the builder is 6mm2, the same as the cooker cable, the shower instructions state that I will require a 32amp mcb for this 7.5 shower unit. The lenght of the cable from the shower the consumer unit is + - 15 meters. Can someone please advise me Thanks

Sponsored Links
gras25 said:
I want to fit a 7.5Kw electric shower unit. The cable installed by the builder is 6mm2, the same as the cooker cable, the shower instructions state that I will require a 32amp mcb for this 7.5 shower unit. The lenght of the cable from the shower the consumer unit is + - 15 meters. Can someone please advise me Thanks

so what do you want to know. youve already told us what your gonna do

gras25 said:
I want to know if it is ok to proceed with the 6mm2 cable. regards
yes, BUT you should install 10mm instead. 7.5KW isnt much. youll prob want to upgrage to 10KW meaning that 6mm will need replaced

Sponsored Links
I second that.

The 7.5kW will seem perfectly OK now. Come winter you'll be cursing it, the manufacturer, his parents and yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back