Builders details query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Few queries on my builders work need clarification before i ask them:

Timber joists infilling-
Rear Extension builder has infilled between timbers with concrete block with no mortar yet my house which is around 7`s year old has mortar beds either side of blocks which is correct.
JOIST.png

Insulation-
steel beam above patio door has DPM but insulation is only flush with beam and not to the bottom is this normal.

Insulation.png

Sponsored Links
Few queries on my builders work need clarification before i ask them:

Timber joists infilling-
Rear Extension builder has infilled between timbers with concrete block with no mortar yet my house which is around 7`s year old has mortar beds either side of blocks which is correct.

Insulation-
steel beam above patio door has DPM but insulation is only flush with beam and not to the bottom is this normal.

View attachment 306383
He may gun some sealant around the joists after. We always mortar ours regardless.

The beam and any other cavities/voids should be insulated.

Wonder where he got that lintel from? Been a while since I've seen one uninsulated.

Sponsored Links
yes its a steel hollow section with plate checked and there`s no insulation thrugh middle either

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back