Building a bath frame

M

marsaday

Hi, just a few questions on making a frame for my new bath. I am not using any bath panels, but will be making a frame clad in plasterboard and then i will tile the boards.

1) My bath is 1700 x 750 and i only want to allow 30mm around the bath to place bubble bath etc. Ideally i would allow 100mm, but space is so tight that the bath would move back too much and outwards and so inhibit movement into the shower which is at the back end of the bath. Is 30mm ok ?

2) Do i need to use cement board to clad the bath or is plasterboard ok ? I have used cement board in the shower area already, but not sure whether i need this for the bath.

3) How much higher do you set the bath above the frame ? I am assuming you set it a bit higher so when it depresses it wont push down on the frame. Is 3mm enough here ?

4) access to the bath will be round down the side which will be open as this will be hidden by the eaves. So access will be through a door and the trap and plumbing will be exposed which will be pretty useful.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
you dont need to allow for the bath to sink, the frame will carry it

plasterboard might be ok as long as it does not get wet but is not ideal

depending on your budget you could use

green plaster board
wbp plywood
cement/backerboard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back