building a concrete sectional garage info needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all newbie here so hello and also ive been given a concrete sectional garage which is 20ftX14ft but it had an asbestos roof on which has been took to the tip,
the question i have is where im going tobe putting the garage is a soil/grassy area at the min so i thought i would dig out 1 foot downbig enuf for my garage to sit on (20X14) then lay crusher run down right across the area then 6inch of concrete on top then build the garage

but iv since spoke to someone who says i should dig a trench like footing and fill with concrete then in-fill the center but which is right?

the roof i plan to put on it will be an apex type roof with corigated tin/plastic or whatever.
any helpand advice on this sort of build would be great as im a novis at DIY but have some builder type friends that will be helping me.
regards rick
ps if it works this is sort of how i want my garage

Sponsored Links
also when bolting the panels together should i put some concrete between or somthing to seal them together?

The image shows the ideal way to build a base - size wise.

The mistake people make is creating a base bigger than the dimensions of the garage, thus forming a toe onto which rain gathers and eventually weeps into the garage.

You can build a complete slab or build strip footings with say solid engineering bricks, then lay your slab within the brick frame.

Seal the joins with mastic gun cartridge type sealant.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply noseall it was a help and as for the base question basicly your saying eather way is ok?
thanks again rick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back