Building a fireplace for a log burner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to build a fire-place in my lounge that I will eventually like to put a log-burning stove into. The lounge is a flat-roofed extension with a 3-layer roof felt covering. The idea is to build a stud-work fireplace structure that once boarded and plastered will look like the room has a proper fire-place. The wall onto which I would like to build the fire-place is a thermalite internal block wall. Is what I am proposing OK? Given that I eventually want to get a log burning stove fitted I am concerned that I can't just throw up some stud-work and clad it with normal plasterboard due to the potential heat issues from the stove. Any advice on how the job should be done properly would be much appreciated.

Just thought... perhaps what I really mean is a false chimney breast?

Sponsored Links
Given that I eventually want to get a log burning stove fitted I am concerned that I can't just throw up some stud-work and clad it with normal plasterboard due to the potential heat issues from the stove.
I've got stainless twinwall flue pipe through the flat roof, why not do it this way rather then a false chimney breast, get more heat from the pipe and it's part of the stove

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back