building consent for drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Hopefully someone can help me.
I am going to install an ensuite into a small spare bedroom and know I need consent for drain connection. Found a local chap who did groundwork to do it. He said he would be round twicw and didn't show up, I had put in the relevant form but not paid the council.
Went away for a weekend and when I came back he had been and done the job! I haven't heard from him since and only found out when a neighbour told me.
What do the council actually need to look at as he has relaid my patio.
Arghh

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If you have submitted the form then you have already applied, and the council 'might care'.

If they have not seen it, and you have no photo's, then if they can't see what they need to see, then you will have help them see it by digging stuff up

I have no photos, the bloke who did it didn't let me know he was coming and I only found out after 3 days. Looks like if I want to sleep nights I'm going to have to find a spade. I submitted form, just didn't pay as I did it on line.

I'd wait it out and see what happens. Without payment they'll probably just cancel it all out.

that's what I would do. It will just sit in the system awaiting your input.

I did a new connection for our neighbour. He broke his leg so put a toilet under the stairs.

There was no council involvement and no issues when he sold the house.

Spend your money on some Kalms, they will help you sleep.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back