Building Control, £400 and no site visit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having some re-roofing done, informed building control of the start date and paid my £400 to building control as advised.

Work's half done now, roofers been here for 10 days and not one single visit from the inspector.

Never really dealt with building control before, I would have assumed the £400 covers the cost of the inspector visiting the site and making sure everything is done properly etc etc..... what exactly is my £400 for?

Sponsored Links
BC would have given you a list of key items they need to view and you should give them a call a good day or so before you cover up those key items..

Sponsored Links
I hope you will not need to remove the part completed roof and start again :eek:

What a silly billy

I have gone for independant building control, On previous jobs Ive worked on the council B Regs have come out and hav ebeen keen.

Trouble is these guys Ive got could not give two hoots

I have gone for independant building control, On previous jobs Ive worked on the council B Regs have come out and hav ebeen keen.

Trouble is these guys Ive got could not give two hoots

I cannot understand your street talk jon boy.

He's up on the roof with some binoculars searching for a passing BCO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back