Building Control / Cost queries...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've had an offer accepted on a flat, my first property, and am looking to make some changes.

I plan to move from this as it is now:

To this:

My three priorities were:

- Blocking the door off between the two bedrooms.

- Having a new seperate shower fitted in the bathroom.

- Fitting new full width sliding doors to the balcony in lieu of the current half wall/ half window / door arrangement that you can see here:

View media item 31500
Would love some help and advice on my approach. I've already got some advice from the "Your Projects" section which is why I ended up with the hallway arrangement to allow for fire escape routes. (Right thing to do?)

My questions are:

Do I need to tell BC about any of my other ideas for the flat, or even do I just tell them about the whole lot anyway?

Furthermore, the addition of the extra stud wall to create the hallway and the resulting reduction in the size of the living room were not things I envisaged in my original offer. Can anyone suggest how much the additional wall etc might cost to build in case I want to adjust my offer accordingly.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Rob

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back