building control notification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
good evening all,

i have just received my assesment date for niceic domestic installer scheme and it is not until the first week of the new year,however my two assesment jobs which i have now completed and certified were not notified to building control prior to the work being started, as i was hoping that my entry in to the scheme would not be so far away from the finish date of the installation.i phoned the niceic to find out a bit more as to what i should do and the lady very helpful as she was said that i should retain the original copies of the green niceic certs make photocopy's of them and then send them to the local building control office.
my questions are these:

1.do i just send them copies of the certs with a covering letter explaining the situation or is there an official document that i need to get for the correspondance?

2.during this time of limbo up until my assesment am i entitled to continue with electrical installations providing they comply with bs7671 and issue the green certs, provided that i notify building control prior to the work starting?

Sponsored Links
Call the BCO and tell them what is going on and get agreement for how to proceed in the limbo period.

in my experience they are over burdened with work and will be happy for anyone to take away some of their pain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back