Building Control/regulations to move an existing kitchen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would like to move my current kitchen into the next room (basically going on the wall of my lounge in an 18' room that has 3 large windows). Its currenlty one bedroom flat and moving the kitchen will give me space for an office/guest bedroom.

I have been told by downstairs neighbor i need buildings control or regulations to do this? I was aware I need to get a P certificate for the electrics and gas but the builder who quoted to do the work has not mentioned anything about buildings control. Do i have to obtain the buildings control or does the builder? which is the best way to do this and is ther anything else i need to to to make it all above board?

pictures attached of kitchen and new location, many thanks for any advice offered!

View media item 61086 View media item 61087 View media item 61088

Sponsored Links
its a second floor flat in an Edwardian house which is converted into three flats[/quote]

Sponsored Links
If its three storeys then additional fire regulations will apply.

Otherwise you will need approval for the relocation and associated waste and ventilation provisions, sound insulation, means of escape and fire prevention as well as the electrics

Also probably the freeholders permission

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back