Building Reg Certificate after completion of work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some non structural work was done when I bought my flat and at that the builder said there was no need to obtain a building regulation certificate due to the nature of the work. The builder removed a wall to extend a bedroom (non structural wall) and a shower room was added. Everything was done with proper fabrics. Now I want to sell the flat and buyers surveyors are saying that I should have had applied for a certificate from building regulation. Is it necessary ? And can I still apply now for a certificate ?
Thanks for your feedback. I am confused as my builder keeps insisting on the no need for certificate.

Sponsored Links
Speak to your local authority Building Control department to see how they can assist. Worse case is you'll have to submit a Regularisation Certificate, which costs a little more than a normal Building Notice/Full Plans application and some of the existing (now complete) works may need to be exposed to the Building Control Officer can sign them off. A drains test may also be required, if new drainage has been provided.

Does the Shower Room have a window, mechanical extract, etc...?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back