Completion Certificate Issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Undertook single storey extension, loft conversion with rewire and new plumbing.

Throughout various stages, Building Control came to inspect the works and were happy.

Having completed the works, I understand that I need a 'completion certificate'.

However, I am unable to track down my builder who undertook the works and the boiler and plumbing have not been registered.

Besides chasing down the builder, how can I get around this issue, to get the completion certificate?

Sponsored Links
For the building work, give Building Control a ring & ask them when they're going to do final inspection and issue completion cert.
Boiler (assuming it's gas) should have been registered by the installer, if you have any paperwork with their gas safe registration number on it get on to Gas Safe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back