Building External Room Help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Im new here and hopefully looking for a little advice

I wish to build just a simple single storey shed like or garage like room just for storage.

Im still deciding on which bricks to use but the main concern for me is the foundation. When i moved in I had a builder concrete over the outside area which is where i want to build.

The question is, do i need to now dig into this and build foundations underneeth or can i just build on top of the concrete since i wont be placing anything heavy on top of the roof.

For the roof i will just place joist like wooden beams and cover it with chipboard and waterproof covering.

I would really only build under this concrete if theres no other choice so if any one has any ideas or advice please please please dont be shy I could really do with it.

Thanks alot and i cant wait to hear back

P.S Do i need planning permission, the room will be about 80inches high and 80inches long.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back